Date changed: 01/08/2019
Who we are
This website is operated by Aptitudefit LLP trading as Aptitudefit. We are [a website that helps bring people together and get fit by allowing others to find people with similar fitness interests] and for more information see [Info].
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user's internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- keep track of your membership and take you through the checkout process;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
- Performance cookies—these cookies collect information about how you use our website, eg which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies—these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
- Targeting cookies—also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
The cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|The cookies we use||What they do|
|__cfduid||To secure our site we use cloudflare technology and is a service provided by Cloudflare. This cookie is required to help keep our site secure.|
|_pk_id*||This cookie is set by our analytics system and is used to see how users interact with the site and to see statistics about the number of visitors. This cookie has an expiry of 13 months.|
|_pk_ses*||This cookie is set by our analytics system and is used to see how users interact with the site and to see statistics about the number of visitors. This cookie has an expiry of 30 minutes.|
|_pk_ref*||This cookie is set by our analytics system and is used to see how users interact with the site and to see statistics about the number of visitors. This cookie has an expiry of 6 months.|
|csrftoken||This cookie is used by our system to protect against Cross Site Request Forgery. This cookie is required for this site to function correctly.|
|sessionid||This cookie is used to keep you logged in and link your session to your registered user.|
|fbio*||This cookie is set by a Third Party Service, Facebook. We allow you to register and login using your Facebook account which is why this cookie is set.|
|G_AUTHUSER*||This cookie is set by a Third Party Service, Google. We allow you to register and login using your Google account which is why this cookie is set.|
|G_ENABLED_IDPS*||This cookie is set by a Third Party Service, Google. We allow you to register and login using your Google account which is why this cookie is set.|
|__tawkuuid||This cookie is set by a Third Party Supplier Tawk who we use for online Chat facility and customer service.|
|TawkConnectionTime||This cookie is set by a Third Party Supplier Tawk who we use for online Chat facility and customer service.|
|IDE, ANID, DSID, FLC, AID, TAID, exchange_uid, __gads and __gac||We use Google advertising platform to serve adverts on our site which may set any of these cookies. If you do not agree to the our Marketing cookie then you will still see adverts but they will be non personalised ads. If you would like to only see adverts relevent to you then you will need to enable the 'Marketing' cookie. Please review Google's Privacy and Terms relating to advertising here https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-US|
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (eg to enable you to purchase a membership and use our check-out process).
You can also manage your preferences by visiting the end of this Policy [here]
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact our Data Privacy Manager, please send an email to [email protected], or call +44 (0) 333 344 3912
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 01/08/2019 and last updated on 01/08/2019.
We may change this policy from time to time, when we do we will inform you by posting a notice on www.aptitude.fit, by email or by any other reasonable means.
How to change my cookie preferences
You can change your cookies preferences as and when you need to. Just remember that we always require the necessary cookies to operate this site so these cannot be changed.
Your current cookie preferences are: , you can change this here