Date changed: 01/08/2019
|means these Aptitudefit rules;
|means the following websites: www.aptitude.fit, aptitude.fit, www.getsocialgetfit.com, social.aptitude.fit and all associated web pages;
|means any social fitness event, text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information material or post submitted by you or other members to the Site;
|means Aptitudefit LLP, company registration number OC420533 and whose registered office is at 3 Connaught House, Benarth Road, Conwy, Wales, LL32 8UB (and us or our shall have the same meaning) ; and
|means the person accessing or using the Site or its content (and your shall have the same meaning).
1.3 We permit you to use the Site only for personal, non-commercial purposes and primarily for socialising with a view to getting fit. Use of the Site in any other way, including in contravention of any restriction on use set out in this Policy, is not permitted. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, you may not use the Site.
Restrictions on use
1.4 As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- 1.4.1 not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by this Policy or our Membership terms and conditions [insert link];
- 1.4.2 not to use the Site to commit any act of fraud;
- 1.4.3 not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- 1.4.4 not to register or create fake and misleading accounts;
- 1.4.5 not to use an account that is not yours;
- 1.4.6 not to publish or link malicious content intended to damage;
- 1.4.7 not to use the Site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- 1.4.8 not to use the Site to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- 1.4.9 not to use the Site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- 1.4.10 not to post information that is confidential, proprietary or covered under a non-disclosure agreement or other form of confidentiality agreement, or post content that violates on anyone’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property;
- 1.4.11 not to post any content that you do not own, unless you have all necessary rights to post such content and to grant with respect to such content all rights and licences that are required to be granted under this Policy;
- 1.4.12 not to mispresent the source, identity, or content of any information you transmit via the Site, including falsifying or deleting any copyright management information;
- 1.4.13 not to make any unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail to other members, users or our staff;
- 1.4.14 not to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Site, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Site, or any features that enforce limitations ion the use of the Ste or the content therein;
- 1.4.15 not to post inappropriate content. No posts should contain statements that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, gambling related, drug-related, alcohol related, racist, discriminatory, sexually explicit or indecent;
- 1.4.16 not to use the Site in any manner that harms minors;
- 1.4.17 not to create multiple accounts, unless permission has been granted by us;
- 1.4.18 not to promote any unlawful activity;
- 1.4.19 not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- 1.4.20 not to use the Site to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- 1.4.21 not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods;
- 1.4.22 to comply with the provisions relating to our intellectual property rights and software contained in our Membership terms and conditions [insert link]; and
- 1.4.23 not to upload any material (e.g) virus) that is damaging to the site or data of us or any members or users of the site
Bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive services
1.5 As part of the Services we may make bulletin boards, chat rooms or other communication services [insert details] (Interactive Services) available on the Site.
1.6 We are not obliged to monitor or moderate Submissions to our Interactive Services. Where we do monitor or moderate Submissions we shall indicate how this is performed and who should be contacted in relation to any Submission of concern to you.
1.7 We may remove or edit any Submissions to any of our Interactive Services whether they are moderated or not.
1.8 Any Submission you make must comply with our Submission standards set out below.
1.9 Any Submission, communication or post to members of our Site must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably. In particular, you warrant that any Submission, communication or post is:
- 1.9.1 your own original work and lawfully submitted;
- 1.9.2 factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- 1.9.3 provided with the necessary consent of any third party;
- 1.9.4 not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- 1.9.5 not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive; and
- 1.9.6 unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others.
1.10 In connection with your access to or use of the Site you shall:
- 1.10.1 be transparent and honest. You must not falsely impersonate others and must use your name. All the information on your account profile should be truthful and about you only;
- 1.10.2 ensure messages to other members are kind;
- 1.10.3 not threaten to harm anyone through your words or physical actions;
- 1.10.4 stay on the topic. You must only post messages that are relevant to the event or subject;
- 1.10.5 respect other members and users of the Site;
- 1.10.6 not harass, bully, intimidate, stalk, threaten, or defraud members or users of the Site. When messaging other members don’t share more than you are comfortable with;
- 1.10.7 use your best judgment and keep your personal safety your priority. You should never display sensitive personal information on your account that could compromise the personal privacy and safety of yourself or someone else; and
- 1.10.8 not share passwords issued by us with third parties or encourage any others to do so.
Linking and framing
1.11 You may create a link to our Site from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- 1.11.1 creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our Site;
- 1.11.2 implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our Site;
- 1.11.3 displays any of the trade marks or logos used on our Site without our permission or that of the owner of such trade marks or logos; or
- 1.11.4 is placed on a website that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this Policy.
1.12 We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
Using the Aptitudefit name and logo
1.13 You may not use our trade marks, logos or trade names except in accordance with this Policy and our Membership terms and conditions.
1.14 We shall apply the terms of this Policy in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of this Policy we reserve the right to investigate and, if necessary, may terminate or suspend your account and use of the Site, remove or edit Submissions, disclose Submissions to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
1.15 We also have the right to terminate accounts, without refund if this Policy is breached or our service is misused in any way.
1.16 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
1.17 If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
1.18 If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
- 1.18.1 let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- 1.18.2 give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
1.19 If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this Policy.
1.20 Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to this Policy.